SAF2020 Virtual Silent Auction: How Does it Work?
October 21, 2020
The SAF2020 Virtual Silent Auction is live and ready for your bids! Explore the SAF auction site where you can join in on the fun and bid to raise money for SAF’s granting programs. Usually an event that occurs during the national convention, this year the auction is open to anyone with the auction link wishing to place a bid. There are over 50 items and unique hand-crafted creations donated by SAFers and friends, so visit the auction site to view the items now!
How does it work?
The auction site, run through CharityAuctionsToday, is secure, so it does require you to set up a bidder account. This will take just a few minutes, and you’re encouraged to set up your account in advance so you’re ready to go when you decide to place your bid.
Go to the auction site here.
You can peruse the auction site and check out items available without creating an account.
To place bids on auction items or to make a donation, you’ll need to create a bidder account -- click on “Register to Bid” link.
Create your account by entering your name, email, and a password.
Next, you’ll be prompted to add a phone number (this ensures the system that you’re a real person), then verify the account and enter a verification code.
Then add your credit card information, which is required to place a bid. Sorry, no checks. You’ll only need to enter your credit card once and the credit card will ONLY be charged if you’re the winning bidder. All credit cards will be securely stored.
Placing a Bid
Now that your account is all set up:
- To place a bid, click on the item you are interested in -- you will see more details about the item, including current high bid, next bid amount requirement, and time left for bidding.
- If you are outbid, you will receive an email or text message with a link back to the item to increase your bid.
- When you win an auction item, you will be notified by email for each item won, your credit card will be charged, and you will receive a receipt.
- The auction closes at 2pm Eastern time on October 31, 2020.
- Your winning auction item will be shipped to you by the item donor after convention.
In addition, you can donate by hitting the “Make a Donation” tab on the auction landing page at any time.
Thank you for participating in this important fundraising event to support the Kurt Gottschalk Science Fund and the Foresters’ Fund.