We're Hiring: Education and Certification Program Specialist
January 16, 2020
The Education and Certification Program Specialist, reporting to the Director of Professional Development and Certification, will assist in managing the Society’s Certified Forester and Continuing Forestry Education (CFE) Programs, by helping evaluate and determine eligibility for professional certification and recertification, and assess and assign CFEs to continuing education activities. This individual reviews all applications to ensure documentation is correct and complete. The Program Specialist is responsible for general correspondence, information requests, billing, and general clerical duties. The goal for this position is to enhance timely customer responses and implement time efficient and streamlined processes. This individual interacts with vendors and consultants as they relate to certification and continuing education services.
This individual will eventually be responsible for quality control and consistency in all required components of the certification and continuing education programs, and ensure compliance for all certified individuals.
Roles and Responsibilities
Certified Forester Program
- Process, review, and approve applications
- Produce and mail certificates
- Process candidate licensure approval from state boards and manage candidate communications
- Remain current on state license requirements
- Facilitate registrations with exam proctoring firm
- Support Certification Review Board meetings and audits
- Manage result notifications (pass/fail)
- Support the review and update of the CF Handbook
- Manage Certified Forester email inbox
Continuing Forestry Education (CFE)
- Oversee CFE volunteer coordinator program
- Participate in the review and approval for continuing education credits (provider pre- and individual post-approval requests)
- Support the review and update of the CFE Handbook
- Assist Certified Foresters and State Licensed Foresters with CFE data for multiple recertification and renewal processes
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS)
- 1–3 years of experience in association, governmental, or other professional credentialing programs
- Interest or experience in the Forestry, Natural Resources, or related field.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with databases or websites, and the ability to quickly learn SAF’s AMS - iMIS
- Individual time management skills with the ability to work in groups, and ensure deliverables are completed on schedule.
- Attention to detail and ability to recommend process improvement.
- Self-starter who can independently accomplish tasks; is proactive, flexible and takes initiative.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with discretion
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability, and 401(K). Telecommuting, up to 2 days/wk., may be allowed following 90 days of successful employment.
How to Apply
To be considered, send a resume and cover letter with qualifications and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.