We’re excited to launch into a virtual SAF Auction this year at the 2021 SAF National Convention. The auction will feature a lively and intuitive online bidder experience. SAF2021 convention attendance is not required.
To help make the auction a success, we need your help getting the best, unique items to entice bidders and raise money to support the SAF Foresters’ Fund and Kurt Gottschalk Science Fund. Read on to find out how you can donate.
Who can donate items?
State societies, chapters, members, companies, organizations, businesses, and anyone else are encouraged to donate items for this fun and important event.
What is the item donation process?
Here’s how the donation process works on the virtual auction platform:
- Choose an item to donate that is easy to ship: artwork, clothing, hand-crafted items, specialty foods, gift baskets, gift cards – anything that will entice an online bid is welcome and encouraged. No alcohol please, as we cannot guarantee the age of the purchaser and some states will not allow alcohol to be shipped.
- Fill out the 2021 Virtual Auction Donor Form and email the completed form to Auction Chair Ron Lemin at [email protected] by October 22.
Key items to note on the donor form to include:
- High-quality photo(s): Since buyers won’t be able to see your items in person, good pictures will say a thousand words and provide a striking visual of the item. Please keep them under 4 MB in size
- Description: Just like your images, your description tells people a lot about your item. A detailed and accurate description will help showcase your items.
- Estimated value: Include the estimated value of the item(s), including shipping cost, as well as your suggested minimum bid.
- If you cannot get the donor form to work for you, email Ron the pictures, description, and the item’s value with your contact info.
What happens after you donate an item?
Volunteers will upload your items onto the virtual online auction platform and prepare them for the auction. Then the virtual auction goes LIVE from November 1-6! After the auction, you will be notified of who won your item, and you will be responsible for shipping that item to them.
Consider asking local businesses to donate items!
Download this brochure to help with your donation request efforts.
This page will be updated with additional auction information as it becomes available. For additional information, contact Auction Chair Ron Lemin at [email protected].
The Foresters’ Fund promotes forestry education and the enhancement of public understanding of forest management through grants provided to state societies. The Kurt Gottschalk Science Fund supports development and dissemination of scientific findings and new technology for natural resource professionals to facilitate science-informed management.