We’re excited to continue hosting SAF's annual Silent Auction and Raffle at convention this September. Both the auction and raffle will be completely in person this year. SAF2022 convention attendance is
required to bid on items.
To help make the auction successful, we need your help getting the best, unique items to support the SAF Foresters’ Fund* and Kurt Gottschalk Science Fund**. Read on to find out how you can donate.
Who can donate items?
State societies, chapters, members, companies, organizations, businesses, and anyone else are encouraged to donate items for this fun and important event.
What is the item donation process?
Here’s how the donation process works for the silent auction and raffle:
- Donate an item that you will either bring to the event or ship ahead of time (see Donation Form for more information). Examples include (but are not limited to): artwork, clothing, specialty foods, gift baskets, and gift cards - anything that will entice a bid is welcome. Handcrafted items by forestry folks and their family members are especially encouraged. No alcohol please, as it is not allowed at the convention center; food items are acceptable if items are pre-packaged.
- Fill out and email the completed Donation Form to Rachel Reyna at [email protected] by September 12, 2022.
Key items to note on the donor form to include:
- Description: A detailed and accurate description will help showcase your item(s).
- Estimated value: Include the estimated value of the item(s) as well as your suggested minimum bid.
- Donor Contact Information: Please make sure to include your contact information so that we can provide you with a donation receipt.
What happens after you donate an item?
You will receive a gift-in-kind donation receipt.
Consider asking local businesses to donate items!
Download this brochure to help with your donation request efforts.
This page will be updated with additional auction information as it becomes available. For additional information, contact Rachel Reyna at [email protected]. Thank you.
*The Foresters’ Fund promotes forestry education and the enhancement of public understanding of forest management through grants provided to state societies.
**The Kurt Gottschalk Science Fund supports development and dissemination of scientific findings and new technology for natural resource professionals to facilitate science-informed management.