All speakers must register for the convention. Utilize the form on the website registration page to receive the speaker discount. Student presenters may register at the Student rate.
- Presentations are allocated 30 minutes, including speaker introduction and Q&A.
- We suggest you leave at least 1 minute for the introduction and 5 minutes for Q&A.
- In some organized sessions speaker time may vary from 30 minutes. Work with your session organizer and co-presenters to make sure presentations are the correct length.
We are pleased you will be presenting at the SAF Virtual 2020 convention! Speakers are being asked to pre-record their presentations prior to the conference.
- Required file type: MP4
- Maximum file size: 1 GB
There are many free platforms that allow you to record a presentation. The platform you choose does not matter; however past presenters have found Zoom easy to use. You do not need a paid Zoom account to record your presentation. For more information on recording in Zoom, you can view this tutorial video. Again, the platform you use does not matter, but the recording must be submitted in MP4 format and must be < 1GB in size.
- Click here for tips and reminders on effective presentations.
- Click here for tips on presenting using a web cam.
Presentation Recording Upload
Upload your recording to: https://cloud9.commpartners.com/public.php?service=files&t=2c8d3c714544c0bada7a5a391d66ea5e
- Title your file for upload as follows: Abstract ID #_last name.mp4 For example: 262_Redelsheimer.mp4
- Deadline: October 18, 2020 at 11:59 pm Hawaii Standard Time
If you do not title your file this way, it will not be able to be associated with your talk. Uploads will not be accepted after the deadline.
If you have handouts to go with your presentation, you may upload them to:
- Accepted formats: PDF, DOC/x, PPT/X, XLS/X
- Maximum file size: 300MB
- Title your handout for upload the same as your presentation file for upload – Abstract ID #_last name. For example: 262_Redelsheimer.docx
- Deadline: October 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm Hawaii Standard Time
If you need to make changes after your original submission, but before the deadline, please email email@example.com.
Speakers are required to be present at the conference in the session where you are ‘presenting’. The moderator will introduce you, and you may make brief opening remarks. The moderator will then play the recording of your presentation. At the conclusion of the recording, questions will be taken from the audience using the Q&A function, if there is time remaining. The moderator will announce the verification code for receiving CFEs at the end of the Q&A.
If there is a change in your ability to present, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible via email.
Click here to go to the 2020 abstract submission site.
Click here for tips and reminders on effective presentations.