Skip to main content
forests. resources. communities.
Renew Your Membership
Advocacy & Outreach
Issues & Advocacy Now
Events & Activities
SAF National Convention
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Skip breadcrumb navigation
Young Forester Leadership Award
The Young Forester Leadership Award recognizes outstanding leadership by a young forestry professional in the development and promotion of an individual program or project, or for a sustained leadership role benefiting the practice of forestry and SAF. The award is presented at the SAF national convention and includes a honorarium of $500, complimentary convention registration, and up to $500 is available to cover travel expenses.
Nominees must be SAF members and under 40 years of age at close of nomination due date.
Evaluation will be based on:
• Outstanding leadership in the profession.
• Outstanding leadership in SAF.
• Sustained leadership roles benefiting the practice of forestry.
Your nomination packet must be submitted through the online submission portal site and include:
• Nominator and Nominee information will be completed online.
• A letter from the nominator demonstrating that the nominee meets the award criteria, with each criterion addressed separately in a brief paragraph.
• Letters of endorsement, not to exceed three (in addition to the nomination letter), on the nominee's achievements with the award criteria.
• A biographical summary, not to exceed three pages.
• Recent, digital headshot photograph of a minimum 300 dpi.
Click here to view all Young Forester Leadership Award Recipients