Activities and Conditions
Category 1 activities are the core requirement for the Certified Forester (CF) program and many state boards of licensure.
All category 1 activities MUST satisfy ALL of the following conditions:
(1) It is an organized program of learning conducted in a setting physically suitable to continuing forestry education objectives.
(2) Speakers must be qualified to address their topics and be considered experts in their presentation subject by virtue of special education, training, and/or experience.
(3) The subject matter must directly relate to the approved content area for the appropriate credential. Individual presentations within a workshop or conference may qualify while others do not.
(4) The program content must be of a technical level and nature such that it supplements and builds upon the knowledge necessary to ensure professional competency. Training sessions targeted specifically for landowners do NOT meet this criterion.
(5) The program content cannot be:
• specific to protocols of an individual organization, company, or agency;
• about organization-specific procedures and operations;
• employee training in organization-specific practices/policies.
However, attendance can be limited to individuals of a particular organization.