Do you have a network of potential members you'd like to invite to be SAF members, but aren't sure how to approach them or what information to provide?
See below for information and tips on how to recruit new members:
- Download our Guide for Recruiting New Members for detailed recruitment tips and sample scripts to use when connecting with prospective members.
- Identify the best prospects: Review your network of professional colleagues and identify who might benefit from SAF membership.
- Download our Recruitment Handout: Use this 1-pager of member testimonials with prospective members and share 5 reasons of many to be a member of SAF.
- Watch SAF Moments: Visit YouTube channel to hear members' "SAF Moments" and learn their SAF stories.
- Know the benefits of membership: Review the membership pages to provide prospects with more information about SAF and membership benefits.
- Give examples: Provide your colleagues with examples of how your SAF membership has benefited you both personally and professionally. A positive testimonial is a great recruitment tool.
- Keep membership materials handy: Print out copies of the paper membership application to distribute at your next event and keep on hand at the office.
- Invite prospective members to upcoming events.
- Invite new members to join online: Ask them to join easily online by going to www.eforester.org/Membership. Remind them to enter your information as their “Sponsor” during the join process.
- Follow up: Check back in a few weeks to see if they have joined and ask if they have any questions.
Not sure if a colleague is a current SAF member? Check the SAF Member Directory
before you begin a conversation about membership.
If you aren’t comfortable reaching out on your own, let SAF do the work for you. Email [email protected]
the contact information of your prospective members and we will reach out on your behalf.