Activity - Presentations, Teaching, and Publications
Juried articles published in juried journals.
• First author – 10 credit hours allowed
• Second author – 7 credit hours allowed
• Third author – 5 credit hours allowed
Non-juried articles published in non-juried publications or juried journals such as, Northern Woodlands, Tree Farmer Magazine, And National Woodlands, state society newsletters, newspapers, magazines, or non-juried articles published in any SAF publication.
• < 500 words – 2 credit hours allowed
• > 500 and < 1000 – 3 credit hours allowed
• > 1000 – 5 credit hours allowed
Reviewer for juried journal articles.
• 2 credit hours allowed per reviewed article
Professional/technical presentations and conducting workshops.
• 2 credit hours allowed for each presentation of 30-60 minutes. Activities lasting < a total of 30 minutes do not accrue credit.
Non professional/non-technical presentations and conducting workshops such as Project Learning Tree, Walk in the Woods, K-12 classroom presentations, radio/television broadcasts, Tree Farm Inspections* and other forest related activities.
• 0.5 credit hours allowed for each presentation of 30-60 minutes. Activities lasting < a total of 30 minutes do not accrue credit.
• 2 credit hours allowed per calendar year for one inspection (maximum)
*Tree Farm Inspections - Requests for CFE credit must include a form verifying that the inspection is outside of the individual’s job responsibilities and no compensation was received and a sign off sheet from the inspection.