Young Forester Leadership Award
The Young Forester Leadership Award recognizes outstanding leadership by a young forestry professional in the development and promotion of an individual program or project, or for a sustained leadership role benefiting the practice of forestry and SAF. The award is presented at the SAF national convention and includes a honorarium of $500, complimentary convention registration, and up to $500 is available to cover travel expenses.
Nominees must be SAF members and under 40 years of age at close of nomination due date.
Evaluation will be based on:
• Outstanding leadership in the profession.
• Outstanding leadership in SAF.
• Sustained leadership roles benefiting the practice of forestry.
Your nomination packet must include:
• Completed nomination form.
• A letter from the nominator demonstrating that the nominee meets the award criteria, with each criterion addressed separately in a brief paragraph.
• Letters of endorsement, not to exceed three (in addition to the nomination letter), on the nominee's achievements with the award criteria.
• A biographical summary, not to exceed three pages.
• Recent, digital headshot photograph of a minimum 300 dpi.