March 15, 2018
The Society of American Foresters is looking for an exceptional individual with a collaborative spirit and can-do attitude to oversee the day-to-day operations of SAF’s two scholarly journals and its books program. This individual will develop and implement strategic initiatives for the journals, and working with other members of the SAF team, leverage opportunities to promote the journals and books program. The Senior Managing Editor will work collaboratively to integrate published content into marketing, membership, and social media campaigns to maximize the impact of the scientific material.
SAF is seeking a publications professional with at least 5 years’ experience in scholarly journal publishing. Other qualifications include:
• Master’s degree in publications, publications management, communications, or a similar field, or Bachelor’s with 7+ years’ experience
• Experience managing scholarly, scientific journals and books publication
• Experience working with volunteers in a leadership role in a nonprofit environment
• Understanding of industry trends and the ability to adjust to changing marketplace demands
• Thorough knowledge of copyright conventions, including public domain, permission, fair use
• Familiarity with online submission and review platforms (such as Editorial Manager)
• Editorial expertise, including familiarity with CMOS
• Experience with knowledge integration and content aggregation is preferred
Click here to apply.