Technology Transfer Award
This award recognizes outstanding achievement in technology transfer, implementation, and extension as evidenced in the recipient's career or involvement in SAF Working Group and science program activities. Technology transfer is critical to assuring that sound technical information becomes available to those concerned with the management and conservation of forest resources.
The award includes a honorarium of $1,000, a complimentary SAF convention registration and up to $500 to offset travel expenses. The award is presented during an awards ceremony at the SAF national convention.
Nominees need to be active members of the Society of American Foresters. Posthumous nominations and nominations of retired individuals will not be considered. Nominees shall not have won any other SAF national science awards within five years of this nomination.
Nominees must meet all of the following criteria:
Nominees shall be acknowledged leaders who have demonstrated initiative in addressing technology transfer issues to diverse audiences. Leadership should be demonstrated in activities through employment or SAF Working Group/Science Programs.
Nominees’ work shall be of the highest quality and strictly adhere to professional standards.
Level of Activity
Nominees shall have a sustained record of accomplishments related to technology transfer and must be active at the time the nomination is received. These accomplishments may include written publications (e.g., outreach publications and/or peer-reviewed articles), presentations, workshops and short courses, and/or online tools and courses.
Nominees shall have a history of innovative approaches to the challenge of technology transfer and have used a variety of techniques to transfer information.
Nominees’ technology transfer activities shall have significantly affected the practice of forestry and associated activities.
Nominees shall have had a regional or broader scale impact as a result of their work. Activities that influence a limited area, may be locally significant, but do not meet this criterion for a national award.
Your nomination packet must be submitted through the online submission portal site and include:
• Nominator and Nominee information will be completed online.
• A letter from the nominator demonstrating that the nominee meets all of the award criteria. Each of the criterion must be addressed separately in a brief paragraph.
• Curriculum vitae, including the nominee's name, address, present title or position, education, academic degrees, major positions held, membership in scientific and professional societies and lists of publications, honors, awards, and technology transfer activities.
• At least two letters of endorsement on the nominee’s achievements with the award criteria. Endorsement by an SAF chapter or state society is encouraged, but not required.
• Recent, digital headshot photograph of a minimum 300 dpi.