OUTSTANDING FORESTRY JOURNALISM AWARD
This award recognizes high quality journalistic coverage of topics that increase the American public’s understanding of forestry and natural resources. The award includes a honorarium of $500, complimentary SAF convention registration, and up to $500 to cover travel expenses.
This award may be presented to an individual involved in print (magazine, newspaper, book…etc.), television, or radio journalism. Eligible categories are:
- A single story or series on a key forestry or natural resources topic.
- A documentary, special in-depth story, or book.
- The best coverage of a single subject on a continuing basis.
Nominations must demonstrate all the following:
Story-telling ability that builds public understanding, and, if present, visual elements that convey the same story as the narrative.
- The ability to break down a subject while maintaining the integrity of a topic.
- Coverage that is useful to key leaders and leads to improved public understanding.
- The potential to advance forestry science, management, and/or education.
- The level of impact the media event/ story had on the public including the targeted audiences.